Finally, the Sturmgeschutz III Ausf. B (or Stug III for short) is done ^^
This project was started at September 9 of last year. Huff, it’s 4 month already, pretty slow build if I must say. But overall, it was a really fun experience 😀 Here’s a little story about Stug III
Since its production into the service, “artillery” was, and still is, a pure support weapon. With all the different types of guns and caliber, artillery has devoted itself in providing supports for the ground troops. In order to improve the support given by the artillery, the Nazi’s fieldmarshall von Manstein demand a highly mobile artillery that is able to provide more active and immediate support for the infantry. This concept is called “sturmartillerie” or assault artillery.
That concept is applied in reality and there you have it, an armored vehicle equipped with a 7.5 cm StuK 37. A gun that met all expectation regarding range and impact in the aim (at that time). This vehicle is named Sturmgeschutz III (assault gun III). So, this vehicle is not actually a Tank, it is more suitable to be called an assault gun. It was assigned with the infantry division instead of the tank division.
As times goes by, The Stug III has developed into several variation, each with better performance in the battlefield. Till May 1940, thirty vehicles were made. The high mobility, advanced weapon and radio system, and low cost production makes it become the perfect tool of destruction in WWII
I always proud of every kit that I build, regardless how the result is 😀 There is this feeling of satisfaction when I have turned something like this:
into this:The process was pretty fun too ^^ I did not manage to build a diorama like what I have planned (since the figure composition is just weird). But the fact that I try some new technique is something special.
One of the new technique is the dusting process. In the previous work, I apply the dust through drybrushing. This time, I try something faster and efficient, which is through airbrushing and pigment ink. I also do a simple scratch build for the rear railing and also goes DIY with the equipment on the Stug.
For me, every build is a learning experience. And learning by doing is the most effective way 😀
And finally, these are the other photos of the Stug:
Thanks for all your supports and comments in the WIP. Knowing that you will watch how this kit turns out is one thing that really motivates me to do my best 😀
The progress of Stug: